Monday, April 14, 2014

Qualities Of A Good Movie

It is very difficult for me to think about my favorite movie, since I don’t have any one movie that I can call “my favorite”.  There are some that are better than others, and there are many different factors that play into that.  More than just genre and actors.  Mark Wohlberg is an example of an actor that can play in many different genres and all of his movies are golds.  For instance, Mark has played in action flicks such as Lone Survivor, Pain and Gain, and Planet of the Apes.  He has played dramas like The Fighter, The Lovely Bones, and Invincible.  He also played very well in comedies in movies like Date Night, The Other Guys, and one of my personal top movies, Ted.  So if the genre doesn’t determine the quality of the movie, what does? I believe it may be the lead actors that make or break a movie.  Movies like Shawshank Redemption, and Lord of the Rings are very different movies, however both are some of the all time greatest.  Script and directing also play a huge role.  There is a reason why the Lord of the Rings trilogy is one of the best.  I am going to say that a good movie is determined by a combination of the actors, screen writers, and directors, but you need all three.  It is difficult to have a good movie with two and not the third.

File:GhostsoftheAbyssSoundtrack.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I agree and I know it's hard to pick a favorite movie. I think Mark is a very good actor.

    ReplyDelete